Peter Bloom - What's The Story?
WINNER of Mike Pinder's 2010 SONGWARS Alt Rock competition, GRAND PRIZE WINNER for Best Song Overall on OURSTAGE.COM (August 2009), winner of the SONG OF THE YEAR international competition ("Let It Go" - August 2007, Pop category), winner of two 2007 TORONTO EXCLUSIVE MUSIC AWARDS (Best Rock Song - "Helping Hand", Best Rock Group), nominated for a 2007 ONTARIO INDEPENDENT MUSIC AWARD for Best Rock Song ("Walls"), as well as runner-up in both the regional RADIO STAR 2007 and TORONTO INDIE WEEK 2006 singer/songwriter competitions, Peter Bloom's LIVE show has been described as "pure heart and raw energy" (2007 Dewey Beach Music Conference).
His music can be summed up by a composite of critical blurbs describing his instantly memorable, crescendo-driven, Britpop-infused rock songs that "tug at the heart and shine with soaring vocals," that deliver "honest, intelligent and poetic lyrics."
Beyond the innumerable hours of writing and recording, Peter also displays his musical "drive" by actually driving (repeatedly) to places such as NASHVILLE - 24 hours alone there and back for unsolicited promotional trips; or to DELAWARE - over 20 hours return for solo showcases! Pete has also showcased in VANCOUVER, BC, and LOS ANGELES, CA...he FLEW to those ones!
Influences: Beatles, U2, Queen, Verve, Stereophonics, Oasis, Keane, Bruce Springsteen.
1. #1 ALT ROCK SONG - Mike Pinder's Songwars (2010)
2. SONG OF THE YEAR (Winner: August, 2007 - Best Pop Song)
3. 2007 ONTARIO INDEPENDENT MUSIC AWARD (Best Rock Song Nomination)
4. 2007 TORONTO EXCLUSIVE MAGAZINE AWARDS(Winner:Best Rock Song & Group)
5. RADIO STAR 2007 SONG WRITING COMPETITION - 2nd Place (Regional)
6. TORONTO INDIE WEEK 2006 - Finalist (Solo Category)
7. BILLBOARD WORLD SONG CONTEST - Honorable Mention (2006)